Avenor Pty Limited ACN 609 542 252 and its associated entities (“Avenor”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals.
The protection of personal information in the private sector is required by the Privacy Act 1988 (“Act”). All employees and officers of Avenor are expected to comply with the Act and Avenor’s policies and procedures concerning the protection of personal information.
Avenor collects personal information from you in a number of different ways. Avenor may collect personal information directly from you or in the course of its dealings with you, for example when you provide personal information to us:
in person or over the phone;
through your use of its website (including via cookies); and
by otherwise contacting and corresponding with Avenor directly.
Avenor may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources of information (including investment seller channels or third party websites) and, if you consent, from third parties (including from estate agents, third party project websites, or, for job applicants, from previous employers).
The purposes for which Avenor collects your information will vary depending on your relationship with Avenor and may include:
- verifying your identity;
- contacting you;
- responding to your queries;
- assessing your application for employment with Avenor;
- providing you with goods, services or information;
- conducting surveys so Avenor can better understand issues such as purchasing decisions, product and customer experience;
- developing and improving our services and obtaining feedback;
- carrying out community engagement in relation to projects; and
- providing you with marketing information and materials related to Avenor products and services, including, where you have opted in, via email or other digital communications.
If Avenor is not able to collect personal information about you, Avenor may not be able to provide you with products, services and assistance to the extent that you require. Regarding job applicants, Avenor may not be able to adequately assess your application for employment.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information
Avenor may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Avenor will also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which it was collected, where you would reasonably expect Avenor to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
Avenor may also disclose your personal information to third parties, including disclosure to:
- related companies;
- contractors performing services for Avenor (including builders, real estate agents, property valuers, consultants, solicitors and package providers);
- third parties involved in the development of Avenor projects, including joint venture partners; and
- other third party service providers that Avenor uses in conducting business (including information technology service providers and banks).
A cookie is a small text file downloaded onto your computer or mobile device when you access a website, including this website. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website’s owners and third parties.
Cookies allow a website to recognise your computer or mobile device. Cookies do not identify you as an individual, but do identify the computer or mobile device you use to access the Internet and can therefore be used to collect information about your use of the Internet. Cookies do not allow access to any information stored on your computer or mobile device.
- to determine the number of visitors to the website and to identify how visitors move around the site and, in particular, which pages they visit. This allows Avenor to improve the website and our services;
- to determine from where in the world the website is being visited so that sufficient coverage can be ensured; and
- to collect information, where available, about your computer or mobile device for system administration purposes, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Retention and Disposal of Information
Avenor will only keep personal information it needs. Avenor will dispose of such information when it has no further need to use it or is required by law to do so.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Avenor makes every effort to keep any personal information up to date and accurate. You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by Avenor. Individuals may access, modify or correct their personal information by contacting Avenor using the contact details set out below. In some cases, Avenor may charge a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information.
Avenor Privacy Manager
Level 4, 15 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Avenor will take any privacy complaint seriously and will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner, and our target response time is 30 days.
Avenor expects its procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia).
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001